Here’s what’s been going on during the first week:
Whew! I’m tired!
This week we:
- Replaced the lock on the back door (keypad, so I’ll never be locked out!)
- Replaced the front door and added a storm door (thanks dad!)
- Scraped the peeling paint from the siding and all windows (thanks mom!)
- Started painting the trim around the windows (mom, again) and repainting the siding (thanks Benjamin Moore lady who color matched the existing color from a piece of paint scraped off)
- Bought the new toilet
- Cleaned out all the kitchen cabinets and put in shelf paper
- Started painting the back door
It feels like we did so much more! I’m so lucky to have retired, handy parents who are willing and able to help me out so much! I can’t wait to start getting paint on the walls inside and thoroughly cleaning everything up. I’m hoping that by next week’s wrap up it starts looking like we’re making progress!
The plumber comes on Thursday to make sure everything is working properly. Fingers crossed that it does-I also want him to run the gas line to the kitchen (so we can tackle that next) and replace the faucet and knobs in the hall bathroom.
Back to work tomorrow 😦