Shade Cloth Update

In this post you will see a DIY fail and dead grass.  Sorry about that.

I got home on Thursday and found my shade cloth blown off one side, flipped over and up and caught on my satellite dish.  I unhooked it from the dish but it sat like this

patioupdate3

 

until this morning.

I didn’t want to drive the 20 minutes to the nearest Lowe’s (three towns away!) so I went to the hardware store in town.

I wandered the aisles until something inspired me.

First I found these

patioupdate1

 

1″ pipe holder things.  I don’t really know what they’re called but I knew they would work.  Then I was on the hunt for something sturdy that was over 6 feet long.

I found this

patioupdate2

 

a handle for a broom, mop or whatever.  The guy working there looked at me like I was crazy but I knew it would work (plus it was cheaper than a wooden clothes rod.)

I went out front to assess the damage and immediately found the problems:

patioupdate4

 

Yeah, that’s not holding much up…

patioupdate5

 

and the metal rod ended up being pretty flimsy.

patioupdate6

 

So, in a matter of minutes, I had these screwed in

patioupdate7

 

and it all hung back up.  This solution cost me less than $10 (cheaper than the original curtain rod!)

I’ll have to add painting that wooden handle white to my list of things to do when fall hits but for now, I’m living with it.

I’m confident this set up will work, but I’ve said that before so I’m not holding my breath.

-A

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Shade Cloth Update

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s