This list will be much smaller than last year’s but no less exhausting, I’m sure!
- reattach the baseboards around the door. They need to be cut down to accommodate the trim around the front door.
- repaint that bookcase? I haven’t decided yet.
The Living Room
- re-attach the baseboards around the hearth and on the fireplace wall
- get a gas insert for the fireplace. ONLY if it’s a good deal. I’m doing fine without it and Henry sure likes his bed there!
- blind in the window? I just can’t decide
The Laundry Room
- finally fix those lights. Cut the zip ties and make them the right heights
- put in a screen doors (I’m in love with this one) on the side and back doors. It would be nice to have them open without having Henry run free!
- fix the floor. It’s uneven and creaky. I’m thinking the same floor tiles as I want in the bathroom
- baseboards! As you can see in the picture on the right, it’s bad in there!
- replace the doors to the bathroom and bedrooms. I want these and I’m still deciding on knobs. Do I do oil rubbed bronze because it’s my favorite? Or do I brushed nickel because that’s what I have on my front and back doors? Decisions, decisions…
The Hall Bath
- finish putting up baseboards
- take out the shower surround and add subway tile
- take out the floor, level it (is that possible??) and install new tile
- stay tuned for the whole plan!
- new curtains
- patch all the holes in the walls
- put up the new ceiling fan
- install baseboards
- I have big plans for that doorway into the closet. But it’s a surprise.
- overhaul the master closet
- all that needs to be done in here is patching holes
- dig those flower beds down so water doesn’t run right off the wall
- replant something easier to care for
- get the stump ground out and plant an Aspen tree
- finish those planters
- build a garden planter in the yard
- paint the shed
- put up the new fence and relocate the white one
- put in some stepping stones around the garden planter
- prune the apple tree
I’m so proud of how far we’ve come with the house. I’m happy that now all that’s left are things to make my life a little easier and/or prettier.