It’s Sunday and the dirt under my nails, piles of sawdust in my backyard and snoring dog tell me that this has been a successful weekend!
Poor guy had to guard the front yard, backyard and house today!
So on my trip to Lowe’s yesterday I picked up some lumber to make trellises for both sides of the door.
I started out cutting all the pieces for the frames first.
I needed some braces for support and, you know, so it would actually be a trellis rather than just a big frame. I wanted a little interest (and to practice some mitered cuts) so I went with this. I’m going to see how it goes this year-that might not be enough for the clematis to climb up so if it’s not, I’ll add more for next year.
I cleaned up the bed to the left of the door and took out the railroad ties and also used bricks on this side to border the bed. I read that I shouldn’t trim back the clematis so I didn’t last fall. Now it’s a jumbled mess around that little trellis and since it’s already greening up I didn’t want to mess with it. I think next year I’ll cut it back and remove the old trellis but this year I’ll just live with it.
The only thing I didn’t get done this weekend is the project for the front stairs and right now, I’m so tired that I don’t even care! Since I still have the lumber for it, I may work on it in the evenings after work but don’t hold your breath-they probably won’t get done until next weekend!