Between rainstorms today I got one thing done.
I searched high and low for my ball of twine but couldn’t find it anywhere. I blame Henry. I had some green yarn so I went with that. I wound it around the frame, twisting it around each branch as I went around and around. Then I strung some down vertically and tied them to the bottom piece of yarn.
And now I have a trellis for my cucumbers. It’s sturdy and my cucumbers are supposed to be vines so I’m assuming this will work. I also planted carrots and beets in the center and I’m hoping they get enough sun to grow. I thought about growing lettuce in there but I was worried that when the cucumbers got too thick I wouldn’t be able to harvest it and it would be wasted.
I’ll let you know how it works out in the fall.
As you can see to the right of this picture, I still have a lot of branches left so I’m thinking some cages for my tomatoes…but I think those are going to be a little more complicated so it might be a couple of days before I get around to that!