I have been dragging 100 feet of hose all the way around my house for the last several weeks.
I only had to water a couple of times before May turned into one constant rainstorm so I had conveniently forgotten what a pain it was to water until this week when the rain dried up.
I felt like I could be in an infomercial as the “before” person. You know how they always look frazzled and frustrated? I was. It took me an hour plus to water and I’m sure half of that time was spent dragging, un-kinking, and cussing.
So when I found a pin for this tutorial I figured it was worth a try.
I went to Lowe’s this morning and bought
I spray painted the first one and while it was drying I dug a hole.
I thought about putting this several places but the other options would have limited how far the hose would reach so I put it here. You’ll notice that the end of the hose is hanging into the planter. I have a small leak at the hose bib and have found that if I leave the sprayer nozzle at the other end of the hose open my plants enjoy the extra drips of water (rather than the driveway.) It’s not a good permanent solution but works until I can get a plumber here to fix it.