The befores and the plan
- Paint the walls, ceiling and door
- Turn the unsafe half wall into a full wall
- Add baseboards and trim
- New ceiling fan
- Add cabinets and open shelving to the North wall around the stove
- Take down the bead board (and relocate the good pieces to the hall bathroom)
- Repair the plaster walls
- Someday replace the drawer pulls and knobs
The right side of this picture shows where the stove, new cabinets and shelves will go.
- Figure out a way to make the laminate closet door look 100 years old
- *eventually* find out if the floors running through the rest of the house are under the laminate floor (I REALLY hope they are!)
- Paint, paint, paint!
- New ceiling fan
- Fix the closet doors/make them look old (they won’t stay closed and they’re that plain, white fake wood. I hate them.)
- Redo the shelves in the corner closet (seen in the 2nd photo.) The shelves aren’t installed very well and they’re weird heights. It will be my temporary crafts closet and I want to be able to organize my bins
- Take out the door (on the right in this picture) and wall it up-the layout of this room doesn’t make sense (there are two doors into this room)
- Move the medicine cabinet that’s over the toilet to over the sink
- Change out the faucet, knobs and showerhead
- Finish trim around tub
- Add bead board to the wall on the left
- Replace ceiling fan
- Finish adding trim around the baseboards
- Paint the closet (a walk in-I KNOW!)
- Put outlets on the closet wall and inside closet (so I can have light in there!)
- Add organizers to closet
- Install carpet/flooring in the closet
- Strip the wall paper (actually already done-thanks mom!)
- Replace the light fixture
- Replace the vanity
- Replace the toilet
- Replace the medicine cabinet
- Install outlets in the bathroom (there aren’t any right now!)
Living are 1 (soon to be office area)
- See that doorway into the green room in the second photo? It’s going away!
- Turn the wall sconces over-they were installed upside down and they collect bugs and are a pain to clean
Main living area
- Remove the mirrors
- Remove the tile above the fireplace. The mantle is great and I don’t love, but can live with the tile on the hearth
- Replace the ceiling fan
- Create some built ins to the right of the fire place for the TV, DVD player, cable box etc…
- Replace the front door
- Lay out grass seed/fertilizer this fall and hope for grass next spring
- Trim up the bottom three feet of that blue spruce out front so it doesn’t scrape my car as I pull in and out of my driveway
- Fix the gate to the left of the house-it scrapes the ground and doesn’t open properly
- Plant a garden and flowers…someday!
- Build a real fence around the whole yard starting with the corner where the nasty sheds are-eventually have a driveway that leads straight from the street to the alley
- Tear out the old, ugly fences
- Install siding to the laundry room addition
- Have the apple tree pruned
I don’t have pictures of the tiny entry way (which is one of my favorite parts of the house) but I will take some tomorrow!
Also tomorrow I’ll show you what I’ve already completed!
Now I’m ready for bed!